- Please. Somebody score a goal. I don't think I can take another half hour of this. #par #Jon #WorldCup #
- @soccerjerzey Yessir in reply to soccerjerzey #
- Saw this one a couple nights ago. A real piece of art http://yfrog.com/jkhu6j #
- Please. Give me some more excitement than that last one #esp #por #WorldCup #
- A "via" button (like the RT button) would be a nice @twitter feature. Then I'd be able to make comments longer than 2 chars on other tweets #
- Wow. I love the polar opposite responses to King Kong from @firstshowing and @devincf #
- Note to self: stop reading the interwebs when you miss episodes of TV shows you like. #
- Quick question. If you have to pay for hulu-plus, then why is it 'ad-supported'? #
- Just saw a #WorldCup promo poster at KFC with Didier, Theirry and Francis. I guess they bet on the wrong superstars #
- Looks like CVM is pilling an ITV. Why is there a KFC ad on TV instead of my #WorldCup match #
- And that's one step further upwards #BrazilForWorldCup #bra #chi #WorldCup #
- Positive marketing mixed with some ignorance really can give fun results. Got told today "Don't you know @googlechrome makes your PC faster" #
- The picture keeps freezing and skipping. It's like I'm watching #WorldCup The Remix #
- A 10 hour long match at Wimbledon? Wow #
- Yes please RT Rumor Mill: Ritchie Wants Day-Lewis For Moriarty in 'Sherlock Holmes 2' – http://thefilmstage.com/65 #
- Whoops. That last one was via @TheFilmStage #
- LMAO RT @williambgoss Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal! #doesntunderstandtennis #
- Still need to watch the rest of Cinema Paradiso for the podcast tonight. Trust me to pick a 3 hour long movie #
- I know this is a really ignorant comment but how can it be more challenging to paint a phone white than it is to paint it black? #
- Apparently, Intel GMA 950 + Ubuntu (after Jaunty) = No TV out. Dammit. Must try some package downgrading magic #
- @DVDsnapshot How horrible is it that I had no clue what that was you were talking about. Yes, must listen to more of those Stones in reply to DVDsnapshot #
- This K'Naan song for the #WorldCup is pretty good but I fear before the month is over I'm going to be all waved out. #
- That Jason Biggs movie had @michaelianblack behind it? Shit. Am I going to have to watch that now? #
I’ve been playing around with HTML and various other web technology for about seven years now. When I started I didn’t even know what a Document Type Declaration (DTD) was. Soon I found that specifically declaring one at the beginning of the HTML / PHP file solved so many problems. I’ve gone through various phases, beginning with xHTML and most recently ending with HTML 4 Strict. Now it’s on to HTML5, and I’m ecstatic with how simple the DTD statement has become.
Before, when I started a new page I would always copy the statement from a page I previously created. Really, who’s going to remember this:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN”
And if you want to see what some of the other DTD statements look like, there’s a fairly exhaustive list over at Wikipedia.
HTML5 has a much simpler format, and here it is:
It’s simple; it’s clean; and, most importantly, I’ll remember it any time I need to start a new project.
- Just saw a sign "Don't Messi With The Greeks". Is that supposed to scare Argentina or is it a desparate plea for mercy. I'm not sure #
Yes, it’s true. I’ve done nothing productive since the last non-twitter article I published (all of 11 days ago). I can’t promise that this football induced daze will end but I snapped out of it long enough today to discover an example of rich text editing using HTML5 at http://html5demos.com/.
I hope that dissecting this code will inspire me to formulate a decent attempt at the same (but a bit more complex, of course).
- Just pre-ordered Stardust on blu-ray. I'm looking forward to watching Bobby deNiro prancing around in a dress in HD #